Top Five Tips To Get In And Out Of A Kayak In Hilton Head
Beginners often worry about how to get in an out of a kayak. There is no need to worry. Just like anything new, it may cause some apprehension, but here’s the top five tips to get in and out of a kayak in Hilton Head with ease.
The key is keeping your weight low and centered.
While At the dock –
- Untie the kayak in Hilton Head and keep the line in your hand
- In shallow water you can lift your paddle vertically – set one end into the bottom of the water snug against the kayak side steady it. If you’re in deeper water lay your paddle within reach and you’ll use the dock edge to steady yourself
- Sit on the dock edge dangling your legs over and balance the cockpit edge with your feet to line up your entry position – drop the tie line into the cockpit.
- Using the dock edge to steady you, swing one foot then quickly the other into the center of the cockpit – quickly crouch down – then sit.
- Take your paddle in your hand, rest it across the cockpit and adjust the tie line so it won’t drag when you paddle.
Congratulations! You’re in and ready to paddle!
When you return, exiting is basically the same in reverse
Watch the video below and meet Dave at Kayak Hilton Head to learn more about kayaking in Hilton Head and when you are ready to go kayaking in Hilton Head visit http://www.KayakHiltonHead.com or call 843-684-1910